Monday, October 5, 2009

"Tick, Tick...Boom!"


I haven't updated in a while. Not much going. I had a week off of work which was nice, Chelsea, Lindsey and Stephanie were visiting from Sn Francisco, and my aunt was here visiting from Texas.
On Friday, I finally started reading A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess. The book was amazing. I finished it last night, and I am not sure why I loved the book so much, but I just did. I kept getting the same reaction "oh the movie sucks" well, obviously the movie sucked because the ending cuts out the last chapter of the book. I haven't seen the movie but that is what the publisher note said at the end of the book. I really enjoyed the jargon used by the Alex, the central character/narrator, and his friends. At first, I had trouble with understand what they were saying, but after 10 pages it was no longer noticeable. It was just like learning a new word, and I found myself saying quite a few of them this past weekend. But, I shall refrain from using them, because I don't think many people would understand my head hurts if I said "I have a pain in my gulliver"...plus, it is just weird.
I would leave a book description, but somehow I always manage to give away the endings, and the one on amazon.com tells the ending as well. So I guess you are going to have to read the book for yourself. No really, you should, I think it is amazing and definitely going on my "favorites" list. It was a powerful piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment