Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"Her Nose Stuck In A Book"


I just finished another book in 2 days. Mind you, it was extremely short and simple to read...plus, work was slow, I had the kids make scarecrows so I could decorate my classroom for Halloween...anyway...

I just read The Time Machine by H.G. Wells.
I'm not quite sure why I felt compelled to read this story. I think it was because I saw that the horrible remake of the movie was on TV, so I decided to read the book since I remember loving the original movie back when I watched it in 6th grade. I think the only thing that I find truly interesting about the whole story is knowing that it was published in 1895. What an imagination! Seriously, I have an active imagination but I couldn't even dream of the things H.G. Wells put into this story.
The title is a dead give away. It is about this man who invents a time machine and goes into the future. Pretty simple plot. Nothing to talk about really. Read it if you want to kill some time, I'm just sort of blase about it. It isn't a must read, but it isn't an "I hate it".

change of subject.

Okay, as someone who never really enjoyed reading, unless it was Harry Potter, I told myself at the beginning of this year that I would make the conscience effort to read more. I made the goal to read 3 books this year. Which just shows you how much I didn't like reading because I obviously set a goal I didn't think I was going to reach. I am proud to say that I have read 9 books this year. I am bumping my goal up to 15.

While I was at the bookstore today, I came across a book titled: 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die
Well, of course I wasn't going to buy it but I went online and I found the list of books and I was curious to see if I had read any of these "must reads". I have actually read 24 of them. Who knew? I for sure thought it would be an even lower number. Oh and The Time Machine is on that list as well, so I guess I can say I've read 25. The next book I am starting, The Crow Road by Iain Banks, is also on that list. I'm not saying I will read every book from that list, definitely not, but I am sure it is a good list to take suggestions from.

If you are curious about the list and if you have read of the books on it, here is the link to the list

http://johnandsheena.co.uk/books/?page_id=42

just download the spread sheet, and open it in Excel.


Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment