Sunday, September 20, 2009

"How Her Restlessness Stirs, For She Longs For Her Liberty"

I have FINALLY finished reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, and I say finally because I feel like I have been reading it for a year. I had no idea that the book was as long as it was when I started reading it on my ipod, until I saw the actual book at Borders and noticed it was over 600 pages. I really liked the book, I feel like it could have been about 10 chapters shorter, but overall it was good. I was really into it, but it started to drag about 3/4 of the way through and so I stopped reading it for a week, and I found myself forcing myself to finish the book. So I really do not have much to say since I am unsure as to whether I would recommend it or not. Here is the book description for those of you interested:

The loneliness and cruelty of Jane's childhood strengthens her natural independence and spirit, which prove invaluable when she takes a position as a governess at Thornfield Hall. But after she falls in love with her sardonic employer, her discovery of his terrible secret forces her to make a heart-wrenching choice.

And I just have to put this on here because it is my absolute favorite song from the musical version of this novel. Loves me some James Barbour singing.:)


Now I want a drastic change of pace, and I am going to start reading A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess. I am very excited to read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment