Friday, September 4, 2009

"Find Your Grail"


Last night, my dad had an extra ticket to Monty Python's Spamalot, which is a musical comedy based on Monty Python and the Holy Grail. We had 8th row tickets, if you have been to the Ahmanson Theatre, you are so ridiculously close, I felt like I could just leap onto the stage...which at certain moments I would have loved to...
The show was something I had never wanted to or intended to see, it was a spur of the moment thing, and I am so happy I went.
The show was hysterically funny. I don't think I ever stopped laughing. It starred John O'Hurley as King Aurthur, he did really well, but one man stole the entire show.
That man is Christopher Sutton, he played Not Dead Fred, The Historian, and my personal favorite Prince Herbert. Everything about him was perfection. Another man who I think was amazing, was Matthew Greer, who was a great Lancelot (Who likes to dance-a-lot) but I thought he was especially funny as the Knight of Ni.
Everything about this show just took me by surprise. I am sad to know the show closes on Sunday because I really wanted to go and see it again. But don't fear! It is coming to Costa Mesa in October, you can bet I am going to go and see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment