Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"Life Is Good, Life Is Sweet, Grab Yourself A Front Row Seat"

Lately I have been frustrated with a number of things. Mainly my agent and my lack of money now that I bought myself a new car. I do not regret buying my car, because it is the best thing I have ever owned, but the monthly payments are always on my mind, and it is just a problem having to worry about setting money aside and then not having money to do anything else since I am also saving so I can move sometime next summer.
Today during my CPR class, it is required we take it every year for my job, this woman says that she needs people to work an after school learning program. I immediately jump after the offer, so does my mom, because we both wanted second jobs. I was going to look around the mall, but the last thing I want to do is retail, and I needed a job flexible enough that if I have an audition, I can go. To make a long story short, my mom and I both got jobs working the after school program from 2-6. Downside is that my other job is from 8-1:45. Long day, every day of the week...except weekends of course. But the great thing about both jobs is that the hours are set, they both pay really well, I get to work with kids, and if I ever need to leave for an audition I have a list of subs who can take over for me. I am so blessed to have found 2 jobs in a time when people can hardly find one, and 2 jobs that will be okay with me taking off time for acting. Now with this job in addition to my other one, car payments will no longer be an issue.

Another piece of good news.
My dad is basically my manager, he always sets up interviews for me to meet with agents, he finds me classes, etc. Today I get a text from him, during my CPR class, saying I have an interview on September 2nd for a new commercial agent. My current agent only ever sends me out on theatrical auditions, which is fine, I can't complain, but I really want to go on more commercial auditions. My interview is with Abrams Artist Agency which is in the top 10 agencies in Los Angeles. I am very excited to be meeting them, and hopefully that goes well so I can start going on more auditions.

Today was a perfect day, plus I went shopping and bought some cute clothes, and tomorrow I am spending the day at the beach. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome sauce! Now all three of us will have the same agents. I guess now it really is the 'family biz' lol. You'll get your SAG card soon enough since they're much more likely to Taft-Hartly you if it's just a commercial rather than a theatrical gig. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete