Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Sisters, Sisters, There Were Never Such Devoted Sisters"

I finished reading this book on Monday, and I must say that it really was beautiful. I still can't decide whether or not I liked the ending. I think because I was baffled by it, that I couldn't really enjoy the ending. I am anxious to see the movie, it should be interesting to see since one of the main characters in the story will not be in the movie. I read a little about the movie before I read the book, so the entire time I was reading I tried to imagine the book without the character Julia and yes, it is possible to understand how they cut her out, but they are cutting out a huge side story in the novel. I guess the movie is going to just mainly focus on the family. Which is understandable, too many side stories can be distracting in a movie where they most like want to focus on the huge center plot. The book was written in different points of views throughout the trails and tribulations of a family dealing with a dying daughter, a troubled son, and another daughter suing her parents. I really enjoyed the different perspectives and how it went between the past and present day. That is another factor that should be interesting to see how it will translate to screen. I really can't wait to see how this adaptation is, if is has the different views, how the story is without Julia, I guess I will just have to wait and see. I will most definitely write about the movie when I see it. In the mean time, you should definitely read My Sister's Keep by Jodi Picoult.

No comments:

Post a Comment